Thank you to Luvely Ladybug for the nomination for the Liebster Award.
The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Awesome! Blogging is about building a community and it’s a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.
Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them 🙂
1. Eleven facts about myself
I”m Canadian: from the interior of British Columbia
I’m married and have 3 step-children. My husband and I live in Korea.
I’m a phlegmatic, an introvert, and an encourager. I’m a private person, and like things to be calm and peaceful around me.
I have ancestry in Sweden, the U.K. and France.
I speak English, Korean, and a little Spanish and French.
I worked as a Social Worker in B.C. for 13 years.
I attended the School of Child Care at the University of Victoria in B.C.
I hate flying, but love to travel.
I’ve traveled to Korea, Japan, Spain, France, Switzerland, Italy, England, Sweden, Norway, and done a Mediterranean cruise.
I love genealogy and studying history.
Most importantly, I have been saved by grace through faith by believing in the Lord Jesus Christ’s sacrifice for me, so I could go free instead of being trapped in the bondage of sin. I am a child of God and received eternal life from him. I am a citizen of the Kingdom of God.
11 Questions from Luvely Ladybug:
- Where were you born?
- Best friend?
- One regret?
- The best part of waking up is?
- What is your middle name?
- All time favorite movie?
- Last time you cried?
- Quote that you can’t forget?
- If you could pick an age to stay forever, what would it be?
- What celebrity could you be mistaken for?
- What is something that you just learned?
1. I was born in Summerland, B.C. Canda
2. My best friend is my husband, a really great man.
3. Regrets? I try not to waste time on them. I wouldn’t take nothin’ for my journey now, but I hate it when I’m critical and judgmental of others.
4. It’s a new day, fresh start and time to be all that I can be for God.
5. My middle name is Lynn. It means ‘dweller by the waterfall’.
6. Robin Hood with Kevin Costner. We’ve watched that movie the most out of all of them.
7. On my last visit home to Canada. My heart is pulled in many directions when I return to my home country.
8. ‘Come to me all you who are burdened and weary and I will give you rest.’ Matthew 11
9. I think it would be my 30s. Over the turbulent 20s and still young enough for fun and with a little more wisdom hopefully.
10. My friend says Julia Roberts, but I don’t think so. People have told me I look like Catherine Willows on CSI files, which I think might be closer than Julia Roberts.
11. May 15th is Teachers Day in Korea
11 Questions for my nominees
What are your hobbies?
What is your blog about?
What are your fears?
What are your comforts?
Are your relatives your friends?
What’s your favorite color?
Who are your heroes/mentors?
Who was your favorite teacher?
What is one of your goals for yourself over the next year?
How many times have you flown in an airplane?
What’s the farthest away you’ve been from your home?
My 11 Nominees